Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Milestone #1!!! I Made It!

Today's Weight - 216.9 (Down 1.1)
I hit the first of about nine milestones - I have (finally!) lost the first 10 pounds!!  Yay!!!!   I was down another 1.1 pounds this morning!  So on Monday, I am off to get a spa pedicure!  I love moving down to the next "decade" - it makes you feel like you've really made progress.  And when you have lots of weight to lose, like I do, thinking of it in "tens" makes it sound more feasible.  The first one's gone, now only eight more.  I can do that!!             
Yesterday, I skipped breakfast, and met Joy and Charles and kids at Chipotle, where I had a burrito bowl - no tortilla.  I had barbacoa (the spicy shredded beef), rice, black beans, salsa, and guacamole - and ate almost the whole thing!  Which was too much!  I planned on not eating any other meal that day, because lunch was so much, but that didn't go over too well when I got to the new Kroger and saw the nice sushi bar they have there!  So I bought a roll of sushi and ate the whole thing - eight pieces!  And then I had a burger for dinner!  (at least I didn't have cheese!).
But even so, I still lost 1.1 pounds - maybe because I finally stepped up my metabolism by exercising a little.  Thursday I did about 30 minutes of Joy's workout, and Friday Joy and the kids and I went to a park near her apartment and walked (after Chipotle).  Only about a mile, but that's better than nothing!  And my legs are still sore from her workout video!
So I plan to have a more disciplined weekend than last weekend turned out to be.  And this one, Lord willing, will be shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment