Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day Eleven

Today's Weight - 219.6  (Up 0.5)
Well, day eleven looks kinda like a vacation. First, when I weighed in this morning, I was up half a pound. I wasn't too discouraged about that, knowing that 1)I ate too much and too late last night, and 2)Weight easily fluctuates by that much daily, so the real test is whether I am down week by week. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, then went to see Josh. I bought a bag of chips from the vending machine to share with Josh and Jenny, and I ate three or four. Also bought a Coke, and drank about 4 ounces (out of a twenty-ounce bottle), then gave it to Jenny. I bought those particular items, instead of a Diet Coke and some snack no one else would like, with Josh and Jenny in mind, and I did not refuse to share some with them - I just kept it minimal, so I didn't waste too many calories on junk. Skipped lunch, and for early dinner, we went to Golden Corral! I had promised Joseph that when he finally felt better, (after having had a bad case of the flu all this week, and losing more than seven pounds in less than a week!!), I would take him to Golden Corral to try to catch up! I did this deliberately, not because I was throwing in the towel - and I do not feel guilty. I told you I was going to be real. There are times when I'm going to eat things that I shouldn't. And then I'm going to go right back to eating better, because I feel better when I do. And the rewards are so worth it! So no apologies, no beating myself up. I drank Diet Coke instead of regular Coke - I usually get three or four refills when I eat out, and with Coke, the calories really add up. So there's several hundred calories that I successfully avoided. I also didn't eat as much as I normally do at Golden Corral, perhaps because I couldn't hold as much (not because I have an iron will and was denying myself the pleasure!). So I definitely don't expect the Wii to tell me anything really good tomorrow morning. But that's okay - as long as I don't give up, like I so easily have done in the past. It's time to just start eating better, period. I like healthy food anyway, so it's not like I'm being a martyr. Every once in a while I'll eat something less healthy. That's life. Then I'll eat healthy again, instead of quitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment