Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Monday, January 24, 2011

Feelin' Groovy

To celebrate losing the first ten pounds, today I got a spa pedicure!!  Oooooh, so nice!  My feet look like I'm fairly young again!  And the warm water, bath salts, hot towels, and lotion massage felt so-o-o good.  Not to mention how cute my pretty pink toenails look!  :)  In addition to the pedicure, I also got my eyebrows waxed.  Now I've had that done once before, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd always imagined it would be, so when she offered to wax my upper lip (yes, I am hairy all-freaking-over), I thought, "Why not?"  Well, I'll tell you why not.  It hurts!  Screamin'ouch!!  I'm sure when I left, people were all wondering if I'd been up on the mountaintop with Moses, since my face was glowing all over like a nuclear reactor.   But seriously, it was altogether very nice.  I felt all girly all afternoon!  :)  And the lip wax wasn't really all that bad, but it was definitely worse than the eyebrow-wax! 
I had a bowl of oatmeal with real maple syrup, coffee, and water for breakfast, and a sandwich - whole grain bread, mayo, deli Buffalo chicken, dill pickles - with pretzels for lunch.  Lunch was pretty late, so after having a snack right before 6pm of canned apricots and pretzels (and another cup of coffee!), I decided to forego dinner, and just drink water the rest of the evening.  Hopefully, I will be down a little more in the morning!!  It's been a fun day!!!  Losing the weight, in itself, is rewarding, but treating myself to some little "reward" every ten pounds, and seeing the difference in my measurements and the photos every ten pounds, makes me all the more excited and motivated to lose the next ten!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment