Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Adding Some Strength Training

I just did 30 crunches, 30 scissor-kicks (thirty doubles, not fifteen doubles), and 30 leg lifts each side.  Proceeded to to 15 push-ups (how sad, push-ups used to be my favorite, and I was quite good at them!) and 30 jumping jacks and 30 squats.  I know those numbers are low, but for me, coming from doing NOTHING!, they are a good place to start.  I will increase reps as I get better.  Already I'm up to 30 from my previous 25 a couple of days ago, and I did add the push-ups, even if it was only 15 (and they were pretty shallow!).  I will look forward to reporting better numbers in the next few weeks...  :)
For breakfast I had a bowl of Quaker Oat Squares with milk, coffee, and water.  I had a snack around 11:30 of dried apricots, and haven't needed lunch yet.  I'll probably wait 'til the kids get home, and make it an early dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment