Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Back At It

Today's weight - 214.3 (down from last week)
 Long time no see....! 
I'm going to do this again - journaling my food, exercise, moods and what I do about them, and see if I can't find a way to deal successfully with the depression that keeps knocking me down.  PMS was a roller coaster ride;  and I like roller coasters, as a general rule.  Well, menopause is a freaking cliff-dive.  With no water at the bottom to land in.  Gotta find a way to battle through the extreme hormone issues I'm dealing with!!!  Because what I usually do is eat.  Eat and feel sorry for my poor, poor self. 
SO - this morning I weighed in at 214.3, which I was pretty pleased about, as I haven't been intentionally doing anything about health in the last three weeks, except for the Color Fun Fest, which I would have dropped if I hadn't paid for it in advance, back when I was actually motivated.  The last three weeks I have been keeping two grandbabies while my daughter was working - Aidynn is 2 and Gabe 7 months, so they are quite the handful.  I hadn't realized how out-of-practice I was. 
I started back in March with my adult daughters (and friend Megan) challenging each other to eat better, exercise more, and get fit, and since then I have lost about 18 pounds.  Still a long, long way to go, but as I already well know, the benefits start showing up right away - better, sounder sleep, growing self-confidence, and improved emotional well-being.  Exercise feels good!  Not only physically, but it also gives you a hand up with your hormone-driven mood swings.  This is good. 
So today, for breakfast, I had a Fibre One meal bar and water, and coffee, of course, with cream and sugar.  I was feeling motivated because during my shower, I noticed that the almost-always-present swelling in my feet and ankles had gone down, so I got on the scale.  I was down more than three pounds since Monday!  That was definitely motivating!
I had a Wendy's Strawberry Fields salad, half-size, for lunch, with water.  Also midway between lunch and breakfast I had another cup of coffee (cream & sugar) and a handful of leftover Sun Chips, Garden Salsa flavored - not even a full serving, just the last crumbs in the bag.  Planning to bake some chicken and make broccoli and cauliflower for dinner.  I will continue to drink water and stay away from sweet tea and definitely coke!  Here's to a healthier, happier, fuller life!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment